Anthony Raynard: Red Bull Motocross Athlete

How does one describe adventure sports on a bike? Well Anthony Raynard has all the tricks up his sleeve doing what he does best for Redbull Motocross.

I am a sucker for adventure sports and when I got the opportunity to meet one of Redbull's athletes, I grabbed it with both hands. How does one increase their passion, other than meeting someone who is the midst of it. Here's what Anthony "Ace23" had to say about all things racing:

LM: What is your biggest accomplishment in your field?
AR: My biggest accomplishment, I would say was representing South Africa in 2010 as the team captain for the junior championships; and also winning the South African championships in 2012.

LM: What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are key to your success?
AR: Keeping fit off the the bike; making sure I am at the gym and doing cardio-fitness as much as I can.

LM: How do you set your goals?
AR: I set my goals according to sponsors in that season and always strive to set yearly goals as the seasons go by.

LM: What is your biggest challenge, and what do you do to manage this challenge?
AR: Overcoming fear in every way possible and trying to stay injury-free. I think I have managed that well so far.

LM: Who was your greatest influence in your early years?
AR: My dad- He was always motivational and we always spent numerous quality time together. Pushed me to strive on my passion.
Ace23 stunting on his Kawasaki
LM: If you couldn't race, what would your career choice be?
AR: I would be in the film industry, producing.

LM: What experience would you most like to leave the game with?
AR: Always remaining humble no matter your level of success and keeping up the ability to fight for yourself.

LM: How does it feel to be critiqued by people who have never raced a day in their lives?
AR: There is always politics in every sport. I have just matured as the years have gone by, and learnt to take constructive criticism and better myself where needed.

LM: How do you maintain a good mental health?
AR: Being positive, and making sure I have a good support structure.

LM: Advice for aspiring motor sport racers?
AR: Strive to have fun, do your best and also learn from the experienced riders.
Anthony Raynard showing the Kawasaki who's boss

Well it seems 14 years in the sport have surely paid off for Anthony Raynard. Really glad I got the chance to meet him; thanks to him my love for bikes has increased to another level. I wish him all the success in the world with his future competitions.

To know more about "Ace23"you may do so on the following platforms:




Till next time. . .

Comments