Tom Pagès: Stunts are in his DNA

The French motorcross rider makes headlines in Pretoria
Image credit: Twitter
The L.A Dosage: What inspired you to go into motocross?

Tom Pages: When I was young, my dad was in motocross – just a little bit, he was not very good – I also had an older brother, four years older, and he wanted to do all the things as well. I’m younger, so I just followed. I did BMX as well, the same size as this (his bike), but with no engine. When we got older, we moved into this big sport.

The L.A Dosage: Tell me about your signature move, the bike flip. How did that come about and why does it work for you so much?

Bike flip on masmoto.net
Tom Pages: The trick that I’m currently doing that no other athlete is doing is the bike flip. Everyone wants to see me do it and I’m gonna do it for sure. It’s a bit difficult to do – flipping the bike around and landing safely on the ground.

The L.A Dosage: How does it make you feel when you perform this particular stunt?

Tom Pages: Doing this makes me feel scared. I think the fear gives me the power. When I’m not doing it I’m like this (shows us a sad face), so I need to do it. It’s in between fear and adrenaline I guess.

The L.A Dosage: What training do you go through to keep physically fit?

Tom Pages: For myself, it’s basically just riding and riding every single day. If there are some rainy days where I cannot ride, I go to the gym, but sometimes I am more likely to be resting. So, basically, riding.

The L.A Dosage: Describe your emotions when going into such competitions – before and after.

Tom Pages: My emotions going into the competitions, the biggest, the main emotion is that I’m scared, I’m seriously scared, I don’t know where I’m going, but when I’m on the bike I’m going for it.

Travis Pastrana
The L.A Dosage: Who is your role model in motocross?

Tom Pages: My role model in the sport is for sure Travis Pastrana, he’s the guy who invented the sport.

The L.A Dosage: What are your goals for the rest of the year?

Tom Pages: My goals are, first, to be happy and to enjoy what I’m doing…and winning the championship of course.

To know more about Tom Pages and his crazy bike flip you can follow him on the following social networks:

Facebook: Tom Pages

Twitter: @tompagesfmx

Instagram: @tompages

Till next time. . . 




Comments