Media sweetheart, Bailey Schneider, talks to The L.A Dosage

Vanilla Blonde on work, love, beauty and everything else

Bailey Schneider
Bailey Schneider is a media personality from Johannesburg, now based in Cape Town. She is a radio presenter on Smile FM, successful voice-over artist, beauty-fundi on the Expresso Morning show. Bailey is an MC for functions, own her own social media company  and also runs her blog, Vanilla Blonde.

We caught up with the bubbly presenter to chat about sugar and spice and all things nice…as well as everything in-between. Here’s the lowdown:

The L.A Dosage: First things first. Who is, Bailey Schneider in three (3) words?

Bailey Schneider: Bubbly. Loyal. Resilient.

The L.A Dosage:  My all time signature look is . . .

Bailey Schneider: Skinny jeans with a t-shirt, my leather or denim jacket and different types of braids in my hair.

The L.A Dosage: My most recent achievement was . . .

Bailey Schneider: I’m celebrating 15 years on Radio. I haven’t missed a year since I began and I’ve proudly done every format of radio (but community) - Campus radio, Festival radio, Retail Radio, Commercial Radio and Digital/Online Radio. Last week, I was voted in as Women 24’s (www.W24.com) Social Media Influencer of the Year.

The L. A Dosage: What is a common misconception about you . . .

Bailey Schneider: That I only work 3 hours a day, thanks to being on radio from 3-6PM! (chuckles) There is a lot of time and effort that goes into the shows! Nevermind, the content I work on for Beauty with Bailey on Expresso Morning show, my blog Vanilla Blonde, which I write daily, my social media company, BS MEDIA, the voice overs I record locally and internationally and my MC work. I love it all. The busier I am, the better I am!

The L.A Dosage: You wish people would take more notice of . . .

Bailey Schneider: The hard work that goes on behind the scenes and knowing that it’s not an overnight success, it’s paying dues, being resilient and creating opportunities and knowing which opportunities to take.

The L.A Dosage: What keeps me up at night is . . .

Bailey Schneider: People treating others with unkindness and abuse towards animals and women and children. 


PC: Tegan Smith Photography
The L.A Dosage: In moments of weakness I . . .

Bailey Schneider: Turn to prayer and my husband, my friends and my family. I feel really blessed to have such an incredible support system. It’s not something I take for granted.

The L.A Dosage: My guilty indulgence is . . .

Bailey Schneider: Binge watching series, in a fortress of pillows and blankets, in my onesie with snacks and wine or cups of vanilla tea. 

The L.A Dosage: The best neighbourhood in my city is . . .

Bailey Schneider: My area, Sea Point. Home is where the heart is and I absolutely adore where I live. I love that the promenade is a few meters away, it’s so close to the ocean, the CBD, Table Mountain and Lions Head and is the perfect balance of city and nature.


PC: Tegan Smith Photography
The L.A Dosage:  You are not a politician but . . . 

Bailey Schneider: I would focus on education. Children are our future and I feel like it would help future generations in understanding economies, looking after our environment and health and creating change in poverty and hunger.

The L.A Dosage: I'm currently reading . . .

Bailey Schneider: I’m a sucker for thrillers and I love a good chick lit that’s entertaining, humorous or thought-provoking. I’m actually not reading anything yet, but I’m leaving for my European honeymoon/holiday on Wednesday and I asked social media for novel suggestions. Nothing beats the fresh pages and new spine of a real book, but when I travel it’s easier to travel with my iPad and Kindle app.  I’ve just downloaded these: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, One Day by David Nicholls, James Patterson’s Mistress, Colleen Hoover’s Hopeless, Clare Mackintosh’s I Let You Go and The Girl in the Ice by Robert Bryndza.

The L.A Dosage:  A phrase I use too often is . . .

Bailey Schneider: “Oh my gosh!” “Seriously?" and “Tea please!” 

The L.A Dosage: My beauty vitals are . . . 

Bailey Schneider: Exuviance Skincare, Heliosun SPF, Clarins Lip Oil. I use a mixture of Essence, Clarins and MAC cosmetics. For my hair, I use Wella SP Repair Shampoo and Hydrate Conditioner and don’t forget about coconut oil. 

The L.A Dosage: I'm excited to be working on . . . 

Bailey Schneider: My radio show on Smile 90.4 FM. It’s Cape Town’s Fastest Growing Radio station and my co-host Maurice Carpede and I have so much for the Afternoon Drive show 3-6pm. I adore filming Beauty with Bailey, every Tuesday morning on the Expresso Morning show, SABC 3. I write Vanilla Blonde daily and it is my greatest joy. I have also recently started Vlogging. It’s so much and makes me slightly vulnerable to film personal aspects of my life. I always want to inspire others to live their best lives.



The L.A Dosage: My most recent holiday was . . .

Bailey Schneider: Our Minimoon. We went to Kwa Maritane and Tshukudu in the Pilanesburg, after our wedding for a few days. We are about to embark on our proper Honeymoon / holiday to visit family and I am beside myself with excitement. It’s quite the trip and we’ve been looking forward to this all year. We will be visiting London, to visit my sister and brother in law. They moved there in 2015. I haven’t been to London since I was 9, so I’m really excited. We will be heading to Switzerland, to visit my family. My husband, Sox, has never been to Switzerland and he hasn’t met my Gran yet. We will then head to Greece to visit Sox’s family. 

The L.A Dosage: In a nutshell, your philosophy is. . .

Bailey Schneider: To always be kind, grateful, and hopefully inspire or help someone and to be as authentic as possible. 

Ladies and gentlemen, that's a wrap from us at The L.A Dosage HQ. It was an absolute pleasure interviewing this beauty. We wish her and her husband a beautiful and blissful marriage.

Till next time. . . 

Comments