Muhsin sets record straight as he faces his former employers on Wednesday evening

"The air is clear from both sides," says former Orlando Pirates coach, Muhsin Ertugral
Muhsin Ertugral/MzansiLive
According to Muhsin Ertugral there are no bad vibes between him and his former employers, Orlando Pirates as he faces with his current club, Ajax Cape Town on Wednesday (January 31) at Cape Town stadium. 

This will be the first time Ertugral will be in contact with Orlando Pirates since his dramatically memorable resignation from the club on live television; this was after they were thrashed 6-1 by SuperSport United at the Mbombela stadium back in November 2016. This was a match that was spoken about for a long time by fans alike - and some found the humour in it when they created memes, but it still left a bitter taste on the Buccaneer fans.

The former Pirates quit the club on live television, a move that drew much expected criticism from the chairman Irvin Khoza. 

"I think it's very important to clarify that. It was wrong for me to do it in that way and I also said that publicly," said Ertugral on Monday at a press conference as he is set to face his former club.

"But I had my reasons to do that and then the president (Khoza) and I had a long chat together later on and he wanted to know why I did what I did. 

"I suppose it was very disrespectful especially to the main man but he understood my reasons at that time. 

"The point was important to me that I had a chance to talk to him and that was clearing the air and maybe it was emotional from my end but I had my reasons. 

"In the end, I should've reacted differently but no one can put any negativity on this because it is done and dusted in my opinion. 

"I think from both sides the air is cleared, from my side anyway.

Ertugral feels that the air is cleared and will not divulge further on his reasons for quitting at the time.

"There is  no negativity in that at all and in football you have to move on because these things happen sometimes but I will keep the old reason to myself. It's nothing for public ears and eyes. 

"It's going to be a great game against the giants of SA football," he added.

Erutgral and his side will be looking to redeem themselves as he has already lost three games since being in charge of a relegation-battling Ajax. 

Ajax Cape Town will go head to head against Orlando Pirates at Cape Town stadium. 

Kickoff is set for 19:30 CAT.

Comments