Ty Keogh: The Actor. The Model

A charming, sophisticated but yet talented, are words that summarize local actor, Ty Keogh. He is known for his model looks and best known as Jack Van Reenen in the Mnet soap opera, The Wild; which was aired from 2011-2013.


Here's what went down when I got the chance to interview him.

LM: What do you like most about your profession?
TK:Having an outlet for my creativity.

LM: What do you like least?
TK:Waiting for things to happen- patience is not my strong suit.

LM: How long have you been doing this?
TK:I began working on film sets at the age of 14, at 18 I was working full time. So between 14 and 18 years.

LM: Should your parents have been more or less strict?
TK:My mother who raised me gave me a lot of freedom and I think I turned out okay, there were some rocky years, but things have worked themselves out.

LM: How was your childhood?
TK:It was happy. We didn't have much money but I was never hungry and I was always surrounded by love and given attention.

LM: Are you happy now?
TK:Most days.  Life isn't always easy, but I’m getting better at seeing the positive in difficult situations.

LM: If you could go back in time, what would you do differently?
TK:Nothing.

LM: What do you do in your spare time?
TK:I try to surf as much as possible, spend time with family and friends and may dogs. I'm quite a simple guy.


LM: Are you politically active?
TK:Not active, but I have strong opinions that often make me unpopular.

LM: Do you need any volunteer work?
TK:I do drug talks at schools and I've just got involved with Pride Factor- giving motivational talks to kids.  If you’re in a position to make I difference, I think it’s your duty.

LM: When are you completely satisfied with your work? 
TK:I used to be an absolute perfectionist and struggle to let go, but working on a soap opera where we were shooting an episode a day- I had to get rid of that quickly. I’m most satisfied when I can walk away from a scene and think to myself; “what just happened? That wasn't me” That’s when I know I found character and I was in the moment.

LM: Why have you succeeded in a field where so many others have failed?
TK:Success is very relative.  After the Wild came to an end, I didn't have an acting job for the next 7 months.  In this game, you’re as good as your last job.

LM: What work are you most proud of?
TK:I've just finished working on the SyFy series Dominion which begins airing 19 June in the states.  I’m quite happy with what I got to do on there.  I was also very proud of what we accomplished on The Wild- it was a huge task and I think all the cast and crew did an incredible job.

LM: What's the magic formula for success?
TK:Hard work and a thick skin.

LM: Who do you enjoy working with most?
TK:Seasoned actors who are generous enough to give.

LM: What's the magic formula for success?
TK:Hard work and a thick skin.

LM: How do you define your style?
TK:Classic- I like simple classy clothing that isn't going to date.


LM: Advice for aspiring actors/actresses??
TK:Work hard, develop a thick skin- you will be rejected- often!

Learn your script, then learn it again.  Always be on time, friendly and attentive.  Listen to the environment and the other people in the scene, make it real because it is.If you want to be rich and famous more than you want to be an actor, find another job because this is not for you.


Ty is a humorous and witty guy full of life. What you see is what you get, and that is what has made him a success in the film industry.


To follow more on Ty Keogh, you can do so on the following platforms:

https://twitter.com/tykeogh (@tykeogh)


Till next time. . . 

Comments