Make a date with your Girl B*- Bonang Matheba

Bonang Matheba is the ultimate slayer of media. She who reigns supreme
Bonang Matheba
One would have to be living under a rock to not know the household name that is Bonang Matheba. She has dubbed herself Queen B, but can not argue that she dominates the airwaves not only locally but internationally, especially after earning herself a Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award recently. She is also a presenter for the popular lifestyle show, Top Billing that airs every Thursday on SABC 3; DJ for Metro FM with her own show, The Front Row; ambassador and face of Revlon upon many other things, there is definitely reason to believe that she is South Africa's favourite media personality.

We at The L.A Dosage headquarters had the greatest of honours to have her feature on here and here is what she had to say with the quickfire questions we shot her way:

The L.A Dosage: If we weren’t talking to you now where would you be?

Bonang Matheba: I would be in studio right now , shooting something extremely fabulous.

The L.A Dosage: A phrase you use too often?

Bonang Matheba: Let greatness trend!

The L.A Dosage: You wish people would take more notice of?

Bonang Matheba: People to realize that despite Bonang the Brand, there is a human being who simply would like to make the best of their life. I know I might be asking a lot but for people to be a bit sensitive when engaging with me in public platforms.

The L.A Dosage: What is a common misconception of you?

Bonang Matheba: I think the misconception is that I am very uptight and I love drama. I hate drama, it is really unnecessary and time consuming.

The L.A Dosage:  Most surprising thing that’s ever happened to you?

Bonang Matheba: When I won the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice award. It was really an honour to be presented with an internationally recognized award.

The L.A Dosage: You not a politician but. . .?

Bonang Matheba: Definitely a lover!

The L.A Dosage: You are good at. . . ?

Bonang Matheba: My job!

The L.A Dosage: But very bad at. . .?

Bonang Matheba: Lazing around and doing nothing.

The L.A Dosage: Ideal night out?

Bonang Matheba: Depends on my mood really. Sometimes it is going out with my loved ones and partying the night away. Or just relaxing at home with friends over bubbly.

The L.A Dosage: In moments of weakness you. . . .?

Bonang Matheba: I am a girl after all, so I just find my little corner and cry sometimes or sulk and call my mother. She gets it right all the time.

The L.A Dosage: We know you as a diverse media personality but in truer you’d be?

Bonang Matheba: I would be a pre-school teacher. I love kids.

(Wow! Who would have thought. . .)

The L.A Dosage: The best age to be is?

Bonang Matheba: 21 I guess. You have this life that you are just looking forward to. The possibilities just excites you.

The L.A Dosage: In a nutshell your philosophy is ?

Bonang Matheba: Do what you love and do it very well. Let your work speak volumes.


There you have it. The Queen has spoken. It was a very exciting experience having her feature on our platform. We wish Bonang Matheba more and more success in the industry as it comes. She is a perfect example of #LadiesDoingItForThemselves

Till next time. . .



Comments