Mishka Patel: Sets standards higher and higher

                   Mishka is the perfect example of dreams do come true through hard work

P/C: Kim Van Zyl Photography
Mishka Patel is a beautiful, young woman who is setting airwaves in the industry day by day. She is has been through Miss South Africa (Top 12), Miss Veet SA (runner up), Miss Earth (national finalist) and the most recent Presenter Search on 3 (top 10 nationally). With so many accolades under her belt, it is not a surprise why she is incredibly busy, adding on that she is a model, brand ambassador and runs Success Classes for Girls.

We had a chance to score a brief interview with the sort after lady, and here is what she had to say about her career this far:

The L.A Dosage: You have entered Miss S.A among many other pageants, and recently took part in the Presenter Search on 3. Tell us about that.

Mishka Patel: There is so much to tell. What a learning curve, great and valuable experience. I gained so many new skills, learnt so much about myself and what I want in life through these platforms. I ended up as a Finalist (Top10) for both competitions, & as a 23 year old I am truly grateful for the opportunities it's provided me.

The L.A Dosage: What was the best thing you learnt after being eliminated from the Presenter Search?

Mishka Patel: To try and remain calm in crazy situations,(I am referring to the Monkey Town challenge I had yes haha), to be myself- & the 3 C's: BE Confident. Charismatic. Charming.


St Idas Primary Gr 7 ladies
The L.A Dosage: You also run a Success Class with schoolgirls. What can you tell us about that?

Mishka Patel: I started my Mishka Patel Success Class Concept at 3 the following 3 schools:

Equipping young girls (ages 12 and 13) with skills and knowledge to have a successful high school Journey:

1. JJ Rhode
2. St Idas Primary
3. Rietenbosch

The L.A Dosage: What other big projects have you done and succeeded most in?

Mishka Patel: I have done a lot of things. Such as being an ambassador for Danielle Margaux, Minelliart, Style Bar, Adidas- Running among many others. I am also a spokesperson for a few causes such as JAG Foundation: BullyProof, Ribbons 4 Roses, ErgoSport Models to name a few.




The L.A Dosage: What charity do you support?

Mishka Patel:  In general I support many. I do many charity events and take part in many charity activities. I believe in giving back and making a difference.

The L.A Dosage: If you had to invite 5 phenomenal to your dinner party, who would they be and why?

Mishka Patel: 

1. Trevor Noah 

2. Oprah Winfrey 

3. My Mother 

4. My Father

5. Joanne Strauss - you said 5 phenomenal people. There you have it. Hehe

[Haha! Fair enough. We did say phenomenal. Good enough reason ;) ]

The L.A Dosage: What are you currently reading, and what is on your bookshelf?

Mishka Patel: Currently:  I love a good suspense book or an educational one, where I can learn & educate myself. Knowledge is power. You can NEVER know enough.

The L.A Dosage: What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

Mishka Patel:  I am actually a very normal girl. I am from a small town in Stellenbosch called Idasvalley, and many people are surprised when I tell them. Oh and I am terrified of moths! Haha

The L.A Dosage: What is your beauty and exercise regime? 


Beauty regime
Mishka Patel: Beauty:  I take care of my skin by using Comfort Zone products, going for regular facials at Urban Beauty Anti-aging spa in Kuilsriver, full body and facial scrub, and using a body brush to get the dry/dead skin cells off.
Exercise regime
Exercise: 5 times a week, toning 30min and 30mjmin cardio/ running for Catch Me If You Can keeps me motivated to be a motivation! - also I eat healthy, I drink tons of water and green tea. Our health is our greatest wealth, we need to make it count & never take it for granted.

The L.A Dosage: What is your greatest indulgence?

Mishka Patel: A good, big & warm Cinnabon! Yum.

The L.A Dosage: Where do you see yourself, in let's say 10 years time?

Mishka Patel: Definitely as a successful businesswoman, with a successful career- I am pushing for my success classes to take off by end December. I love what I do, I love my motivational speaking, MC'ing, walking a runway every now and then. And I am excited to see what the future holds.


P/C: Edo Mostert Photography
The L.A Dosage: What is the best advice you've received to survive this cutthroat industry?

Mishka Patel: To ALWAYS remain true to who I am

The L.A Dosage: Whom do you regard as your greatest role model?

Mishka Patel: My mother. She is a fighter. She is strong. Loving. Caring. A wife, a sister, a daughter and a mother who leaves her mark wherever she goes. Someone I strive to be like.

The L.A Dosage: What is next for you as you have such a tight schedule?

Mishka Patel: I can't say much yet, but I might be on TV sooner and more often than you think. You will have to keep an eye on my social media to find out. 



The L.A Dosage: What advice would you give your 16 year old self?

Mishka Patel: To take life one step at a time and to ALWAYS believe in myself. At 16 I was very insecure, & I was too afraid to follow my dreams, or I did not even know where I wanted to be in life or WHAT I wanted FROM life. It is important to see life as a journey, & to enjoy each and every passing moment.

The L.A Dosage: Which social media platform can your fans and readers catch you on?

Mishka Patel: You can all catch me on the following:

Instagram: Mishy13x


Twitter: @MishkaPatel

Facebook Page: Mishka Patel


It was a pleasure getting to know Miss Patel on a different level. We as The L.A Dosage team wish her all the best with her future endeavors. We know you have a bright future ahead of you.

Till next time. . .

Comments

Post a Comment