Modern day role model: Mr South Africa 2014/15

Smart, courageous, and an ambassador. He is Armand Du Plessis

Back in February, I had the opportunity to sit down with Armand, Mr SA and get the lowdown on his achievements, what it’s like to be Mr SA, his plans during his reign and thereafter.

This is what the 'Man of the Moment' had to say: 

The L.A Dosage: What’s the biggest purpose in your life?

Armand: Making a difference. I am very passionate about education and youth development. My aim as Mr South Africa to change lives day by day and hopefully leave a worthwhile legacy one day.

The L.A Dosage:  Do you think that you are becoming a role model for the people around you ? Why?

Armand: Yes I do. . . through my journey. That is why I entered Mr S.A as I felt that I had what they were looking for in a role model and the support definitely shows you are doing something right.

Making a difference in children's lives
The L.A Dosage: How do you think your family and close friends have helped mold you into the man you are today?

Armand: Family has been very supportive of my journey. From day one basically. Guiding me towards the right path. Pushing me to study, maintain a healthy lifestyle to be the man that I am today. Some of the traits that have helped me with Mr S.A.

The L.A Dosage: Mention 5 most important things in your life.

Armand: Mmm that's an interesting question. In a particular order it would have to be:

1. God (religion is very important to me)

2. Family

3. Friends

4. My degree (studying towards a Law degree and want to specialize in Child Law)

5. Mr S.A

Supporting the Rhino movement
The L.A Dosage: What makes you proud of our country as a whole?

Armand: South Africa has come a long way, if you consider how other countries are still struggling; within the African continent especially. We still have a long way to go but we have achieved a lot and with the potential we have, I know we can achieve greatness as a whole.

The L.A Dosage: What do you think are the biggest problems we are facing currently and what would you do to help solve them?

Armand: I think our main problem is not using the opportunities we get as we should. There is room to achieve greatness, and we need to use our potential to our advantage. I can only hope to contribute the the growth of our country throughout my journey and thereafter.

The L.A Dosage: If you were the leader in your country for the time being, how would you expect about the improvement of your nation?

Armand: As South Africa, we should stand together. A leader should lead, and lead by example. With that said, I would learn from the previous leaders who achieved greatness with great depth. I would also lead people to support each other no matter the background. Equality is key, and that is how I'd wish to lead the nation if I was the given the opportunity to do so.

The L.A Dosage: How do you feel as being a male ambassador for the country and what are your plans during your reign and thereafter?

Armand: Aim to do my articles and try my best to be the best role model I can be during my reign. Afterwards, I would like to be able to use my degree to make a difference and contribute to changing some of the laws, especially those of children and be their voice.


The L.A Dosage: Do you believe that the Mr SA title will enhance your life purposes?

Armand: I think so. . . I wouldn't have come this far and the met the people that I have if it weren't for winning the Mr S.A title. Winning a title such as this one teaches you a lot about yourself, enhances your passions, pushes you out of your comfort zone and you eventually learn what you are truly capable of. I am truly grateful and thankful for this journey and I am changing for the better, and excited in the man I am becoming.

The L.A Dosage: What’s your advice for the men out there, younger and older. Aspiring to be in your footsteps?

Armand: I have faced and experienced a lot of speed bumps during my journey. We all face difficulties from time to time but you have to look past that, because it gets better with time. The mind is a powerful tool, and can overtake you in a good or bad way. Focus on your bigger goals and never dare to give up on your dreams.


Well that's a wrap from The L.A Dosage team. It was an amazing time sitting down with this humble man that is the ambassador for our beautiful country. We wish him all the best during his reign and thereafter.

Till next time. . . 


Comments