Exclusive interview: EFC legend, Chris Bright

                             The MMA legend makes a return to the fight scene at EFC46

The L.A Dosage met up with Chris Bright for an exclusive interview before he made his comeback to the EFC on 12 December, where we would see him taking on former lightweight champion, Adam Speechly.

Here's what he had to say about his comeback, fighting with Speechly and what he has been up to with his brand, PESFA:

The L.A Dosage: How did you get into MMA, and making it a part of your career?

Chris Bright: I actually used to play a lot of team sports when I was young and then got into Judo so MMA just seemed more natural at the time, which was in my early 20s.

The L.A Dosage: What's your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?

Chris Bright: Uhm . . . I don't really have one, I tend to do a bit of everything as each fight brings something different, although I do arm locks from time to time.

The L.A Dosage: Describe MMA in 3 words to someone who doesn't understand it.

Chris Bright: Exciting, Explosive, Stressful.

The L.A Dosage: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Chris Bright: Definitely Anderson Silva in the MMA realm. He is definitely a great force to be reckoned and has been a role model of mine in the sport as far as I can remember.

The L.A Dosage: Do you prefer to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?

Chris Bright: Well for the last 5 years I have preferred to take them to the ground, but anything can happen in a fight. 

The L.A Dosage: What holes do you see in your opponent's game? (when he was to take on Speechly)

Chris Bright: I could say he is not as technical as I am. One can say he is definitely feeling the pressure a little.

The L.A Dosage: What separates you from every fighter in your division?

Chris Bright: Like I said previously, I am more technical in my fights and I have more experience taking my jiu-juitsu background into consideration, which is by far better.

The L.A Dosage: If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?

Chris Bright: Mmmm. . . probably Leon Maynard. If I beat Adam, that would be the guy I'd like to take on.

The L.A Dosage: What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your career?

Chris Bright: Definitely being one of the pioneers in the sport. How much I have always loved the sport and the contribution I have made to it. My passion should be something people remember me by.

The L.A Dosage: What is your training regime for fights such as the one you are getting into for EFC46?

Chris Bright: A bit of strength and conditioning, aerobics, boxing, Jiu-Juitsu, wrestling and some cross-training.

The L.A Dosage: What titles and ranks have you held?

Chris Bright: Fight Club, Light-heavyweight, PF belt, Black belt in Jiu-Juitsu and a brown belt in Judo.

The L.A Dosage: Lastly, your message to your fans.

Chris Bright: Thank you for all your support. It never goes unnoticed, you make it possible for me to enjoy what I do and give you guys something.


It was a great pleasure and honour to have spoken to the legend. We wish him another successful year as we rapidly approach 2016 and more success with PESFA.

To know more about Chris Bright and his journey with EFC you made do so on the following platforms:

Facebook:chrisbrightmma

Twitter:ChrisBrightmma


Till next time. . .

Comments