Exclusive interview: Former lightweight champion Adam Speechly

Speechly returns to EFC to take on a legend

The L.A Dosage met up with Adam Speechly for an exclusive interview before he made his comeback to the EFC on 12 December, where we would see him taking on EFC legend Chris Bright.

Here's what he had to say about his comeback, fighting with Bright and what he has been up to in preparation for EFC46:

The L.A Dosage: How did you get into MMA, and making it a part of your career?

Adam Speechly: I used to play rugby as a prop which definitely improved my contact so then I joined wrestling and had my first fight at age 19.



The L.A Dosage: What's your favourite strike/submission to use in any fight?

Adam Speechly: I don't focus on that aspect too much but if I do then its normally the Guillotine choke.

The L.A Dosage: Describe MMA in 3 words to someone who doesn't understand it.

Adam Speechly: Tough one but I would probably say All in One.


The L.A Dosage: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Adam Speechly: Fedeor for sure. He was a pioneer in MMA and his attitude to it was always real. He was genuine to his roots.

The L.A Dosage: Do you prefer to stand with your opponents or take them to the ground?

Adam Speechly: Well coming from a grappling background, I prefer to take to the ground but I am open to anything.


The L.A Dosage: What separates you from every fighter in your division?

Adam Speechly: I have been through the grinder numerous times and I know what to expect from these fights.


The L.A Dosage: If you could have one dream fight with anyone, who would it be?

Adam Speechly: Well that's not an easy question to answer because every fighter has potential, but if I could pick one it would have to be Genki Sudo in the UFC. He always had sick entrance moves, and made it amazing He always knew how to draw the crowd.


The L.A Dosage: What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your career?

Adam Speechly: Just being a good guy hey.


The L.A Dosage: What titles and ranks have you held?

Adam Speechly: I have held the Welterweight championship twice in 2011 and 2014.



The L.A Dosage: Lastly, your message to your fans.

Adam Speechly: Thanks for all the support. Looking forward to showing you a new and improved Adam Speechly. And to my sponsors at CIT and Mantis Security, you have made this journey very much possible for me.




It was a great pleasure and honour to have spoken to the former champion. We wish him another successful year as we rapidly approach 2016 and more success with his studies.


To know more about Speechly and his EFC journey you may do so on the following platforms:

Twitter: @AdamSpeechly

Facebook: AdamProdigySpeechly


Till next time. . .

Comments